~~~ Our Members' Open Range Coaches ~~~
Click HERE for the Home Page Scrolling Photos
Open Range RV Owners Forum

~ Upcoming Open Range RV Owners Forum Rallies ~

->> 2018 Texas Rally - May 6-11 - Kerrville, TX ~~ 2018 Coming Home Rally - June 4-10 - Goshen, IN
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:45 pm 

OR Year: 2016
OR Model: RT292RLS
Member ID: ORF-11464
Last week my 13.5 ac started blowing warm air. Went from warm air to burn smell. Warranty ended August 18th. Called RV mobile tech. He showed up and immediately started taking things apart on fast forward and he was on speed. He went to roof, took off cover, said the compressor connections were burned and started cutting wires before i could say STOP. OK lets take a breath here. He says I need a new AC. I said before you do anything else I need to know what the cost will be. So he gives me a cost...$1285 for 13.5 and $1435 for 15k. What!! He was charging me $850 for a 13.5. Same one I could get from Amazon for $500. I said no thanks. Had to pay him $90 for showing up. I had previously installed a Micro Air "easy start" on the unit couple months ago. Thought maybe that may have affected the unit. Called the Micro Air contact. He says no way the easy start caused the failure. And to prove out his claim he will come to my TT on Saturday. Shows up right on scheduled time. He worked for Dometic prior to Micro Air. He opens up the cover over the compressor and the connection is burned up. Says this is a manufacturer issue with bad connection. But he says the good news is the unit is not lost cause the overload connection saved the unit. He cleaned the connections, changed out the connectors, and rewired the easy start the RV tech cut off. I turned on the breaker, set the thermostat, and bada bing, cold air. Wanted to share my story for two reasons. First, I've experienced some very bad customer service recently from OR and RV techs. Micro Air gave me 5 star customer service. Plus their product performs as advertised. I can run my 13.5 ac with my Westinghouse 2400 generator. Second, don't throw away those 13.5 ac's like mine. They can be saved and save you a lot of $$$$......Safe Travels.......David

2016 F150 3.5L EcoBoost/Max Tow
3:55RR/4x4/36 Gal Tank/Pro Trailer Backup
2016 RT292RLS
2AC units/Furion Observation Camera
Awing Toppers/Viking LP Tanks
Blue Ox SwayPro 1500
Westinghouse 2400 Gen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:28 am 

OR Year: 2013
OR Model: 417RSS
Member ID: ORF-5220
Thanks for sharing. I wonder if the P.O.S. tech was being intentionally deceitful and trying to rip you off or just had no idea what he was talking about. Either way, glad you made that second call and got it worked out.

2008 F350 Crew Cab Dually
Reese 20K
Sailun S637's
EEZ TPMS all the way around