~~~ Our Members' Open Range Coaches ~~~
Click HERE for the Home Page Scrolling Photos
Open Range RV Owners Forum

~ Upcoming Open Range RV Owners Forum Rallies ~

->> 2018 Texas Rally - May 6-11 - Kerrville, TX ~~ 2018 Coming Home Rally - June 4-10 - Goshen, IN ~~ 2018 Northeast Wine Campout - Sept 19-23 - Bath, NY
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:18 am 

OR Year: 2010
OR Model: 385
Member ID: ORF-13836
Hey y'all,

2010 OR 385rls with two Carrier Air V units up top (ducted). They've been tapped and I've nursed them along for months and I'm tired of adding refrigerant every week. I've worn Google slap out looking for Info about my swap but have yet to find hard info.

Ok, so I'd like to put two Dometic Brisk Air II 15k units up top and use the adapter kits that allow me to keep my inside unit and remote. I'm not crazy about the remote but hate trying to fish wires in walls to mount a thermostat. It's my understanding that with the adapter I can use my inside unit and remote and everything will work like before.

Then I ran onto the Dometic Duo Therm units as well as the inline heater kits for the Brisk Air II units.

Anyone here know if I can use the duo therm units and if the heat pump will work with the carrier remote? What about the Brisk Air II heater?

I know that's pretty specific stuff but I figured it was worth a shot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:46 pm 

OR Year: 2010
OR Model: 385
Member ID: ORF-13836
Update: went straight to the horse with my questions and Dometic as well as a third party RV parts dealer said that I can use the Brisk Air II (BA2) upper unit with the conversion adapter and use my carrier lower unit and remote as long as my carrier was an AC only and not a heat pump. The third party gentleman advised that the duo therm units were no longer in production.

I inquired about the heating element upgrade to the BA2 and was advised that i could i stall that upgrade but my carrier lower unit and remote would need to be upgraded to Dometic lower unit and thermostat.

That said, I'm going to swap in two BA2 15k BTU units and see how my carrier lower unit and remote jive with them. After the install I can upgrade the lower unit and thermostat at any time I feel froggy.

I'll continue to update this thread so anyone that comes along in my shoes can save themselves a few days research and waiting on email replies.

Yee Haw!