~~~ Our Members' Open Range Coaches ~~~
Click HERE for the Home Page Scrolling Photos
Open Range RV Owners Forum

~ Upcoming Open Range RV Owners Forum Rallies ~

->> 2017 Coming Home Rally - Aug 13-20 - Shipshewana IN ~~ 2017 Northeast Wine Campout – Sept 20–24 - Bath NY ~~ 2017 SE Rally - Oct 17-21 - Dandridge TN
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:03 pm 

OR Year: 2017
OR Model: 316RLS
Member ID: ORF-11068
Reading over some of the posts, I can see my problem isn't unique. We bought a 2017 316RLS 5th wheel in September of 2016. We live in the unit full time as our only home, so that complicates things. We cannot really leave our unit on the lot for a couple of months. Our dealer, LazyDays RV in Loveland, Co has a policy of servicing their new sales (sales prep) first and having warranty and repair customers leave their unit on the lot till they have the free time in their schedule to do the repairs. That would require us renting an apartment, month to month as well as staying in the area longer than intended.

I called Highland Ridge and asked if we could get a mobile RV mechanic to do the repairs, and they reluctantly said that could be done if the dealer, LazyDays, would authorize the mechanic as a dealer and all work and parts would be submitted through the dealer. The dealer said they would not do that, as they had "no motivation" to have competing dealer/repairmen, and they would still be ultimately liable for the repairs.

At this point, we are looking at paying for the repairs ourselves. Unless we can come up with some other solution. I have been pretty persistent with both the dealer and HR, but some of these repairs need to be done soon. Any creative ideas out there on how to get timely warranty work done?

And I pass on to other full timers that your warranty on a new vehicle is worthless unless you have a second home to live in near the dealer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:09 pm 

OR Year: 2012
OR Model: 399BHS
Member ID: ORF-0621
charlyhors wrote:

I called Highland Ridge and asked if we could get a mobile RV mechanic to do the repairs, and they reluctantly said that could be done if the dealer, LazyDays, would authorize the mechanic as a dealer and all work and parts would be submitted through the dealer. The dealer said they would not do that, as they had "no motivation" to have competing dealer/repairmen, and they would still be ultimately liable for the repairs.

And I pass on to other full timers that your warranty on a new vehicle is worthless unless you have a second home to live in near the dealer

Or a decent dealer.
As is often the case your dealer is letting you down. If they can't do the repair in a timely fashion they should authorize someone else to do it. Furthermore Highland should give the authorization without needing the dealers consent. It sounds like a bit of a screwy/weird arrangement with the consumer coming out on the short end of the stick

RV760,PIsurge,GSR Steps,Titan Disc,Sailun
14'Porta Bote w/8.0hp,Splendide,RVLock

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:10 am 

OR Year: 2014
OR Model: 427BHS
Member ID: ORF-3771
Right on. Sounds like HR is letting you down more than that dealer. Something definitely sounds off. Granted it was in the glory days of OR, but I've gotten mobile techs onsite and paid them and was reimbursed by either my dealer or OR.

Are you open to travel? Contact Lerch RV in Milroy, PA. Guaranteed you won't be turned away or be left waiting weeks without your rig. They know how to treat a customer, whether they purchased there or not.

What are your issues?

Pullrite Superglide 18K
Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
Furrion Wireless Observation Camera
TST 510 TPMS
Maxxis M8008s

RETIREDSAILORS wrote:
Enjoy it while you can! We're not promised tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:50 am 

OR Model: 391RES
Member ID: ORF-0147
Lots of policies have changed. They operate like Jayco in some ways. Most dealers will try to make the customers Happy to get a return customer. How far are you from the dealer? Does the dealer have a place to camp right there? No dealer should have unit more than a day or 2 before the repair is to begin. It should not sit on their lot leaving you without the unit. One thing that HR can't do is make a dealer do repairs in a reasonable amount of time. In the past they have never let a dealership dictate weather or not to have mobile service come out. What kind of repair are you talking about?

I guess when buying new we need to ask the dealer the question : What priority am I given in the event I need a repair? How long will I be without my unit?

Granted once they start a repair they could run into a issue causing the repair to take longer, but they should be able to give you a start date within a day or 2.

Lazy-Days has always been a respected dealer on here and HR has always worked close with LD in Florida. Maybe Colorado LD is different from the Florida dealership.

Full K&N filter, TPMS

Every exit is an entrance to a new experience.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:29 pm 

OR Year: 2017
OR Model: 293RLS
Member ID: ORF-11127
Awning arm broke on camper while being extended. Called mobile service and they said if it goes over $125 we pay the rest, yet the camper is under the two year open range warranty (it is under a year old). What gives? Do I have to return it to a dealer and get repairs there? If open range covers for two years, why does it not cover damage while camped at a campground? Help please.

Open Range/Highland Ridge Light 293RLS 2017

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:30 pm 

OR Model: 399BHS
Member ID: ORF-0621
Mobile service guy may not accept warranty over 125.00 You may need to pay and be reimbursed.
Warranty claims have to be approved on a case by case item by item basis. Have you contacted Highland already?

RV760,PIsurge,GSR Steps,Titan Disc,Sailun
14'Porta Bote w/8.0hp,Splendide,RVLock

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:52 pm 

OR Year: 2016
OR Model: 323RLS
Member ID: ORF-9291
Find a OR dealer that has overnight RV hookups on site. Many do. You can't stay in the RV while they are working in it and depending on the repairs at least you can spent the night in it.

I've done it at Wilder's RV in Clinton, MO