~~~ Our Members' Open Range Coaches ~~~
Click HERE for the Home Page Scrolling Photos
Open Range RV Owners Forum

~ Upcoming Open Range RV Owners Forum Rallies ~

->> 2018 Texas Rally - May 6-11 - Kerrville, TX ~~ 2018 Coming Home Rally - June 4-10 - Goshen, IN
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

OR Year: 2010
OR Model: 399BHS
Member ID: ORF-0001
Here is my newest Auto Level system. It works very well and is much simpler than my first version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCiFrJ4rooo

2010 Open Range 399 BHS (with a few mods)
2005 Chevy 3500 4x4 CC Duramax/Allison (with a few mods)
Our family loves to camp!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:24 pm 

OR Year: 2014
OR Model: 413RLL
Member ID: ORF-3732
Great job. You should team up with Lippert and show them how its done correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:01 pm 

OR Year: 2016
OR Model: 319RLS
Member ID: ORF-7680
I use LevelPro for $140. Box is about the size of a pack of cigarettes, it gets mounted near the front of the RV when it is perfect level.
The app is on your smart phone. You can actually get into your RV site with your app opened on your smart phone and see the 4 corners of your RV. The apps shows a picture of the 4 corners in red if unloved and green if level. In red it will show in inches or minor inches how high or low you are without getting out of your tow vehicle. I usually get exactly where I need to be sod all my utilities line up with trailer.
Then I move forwards or backwards a few feet to see if I can get as close to level as possible. There's been times I didn't have to pull out my manual leveling blocks.
The device also saves your 5th wheel hitch height so when you are ready to hitch up again you just open the app while standing outside near your front jacks power switch. I can adjust the front jacks one time looking at my app and jump into the truck and back up to a perfect alignment one time. My trailer is based on the 5th wheel.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:59 pm 

OR Year: 2014
OR Model: 427BHS
Member ID: ORF-3771
So you're good with the device earl? Been waiting for you to post a review.

Pullrite Superglide 18K
Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
Furrion Wireless Observation Camera
TST 510 TPMS
Maxxis M8008s

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:35 pm 

Yes I like it. I was going to do a better review on it soon but went and added the above info.
I installed the repeater in the batter compartment near the vent, I use one of the vent screws.

Sorry wrong picture. This is a picture of my repeater for my TST TPMS Not the leveling device.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by earlelaineb on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

earlelaineb wrote:
I use LevelPro for $140. Box is about the size of a pack of cigarettes, it gets mounted near the front of the RV when it is perfect level.
The app is on your smart phone. You can actually get into your RV site with your app opened on your smart phone and see the 4 corners of your RV. The apps shows a picture of the 4 corners in red if unloved and green if level. In red it will show in inches or minor inches how high or low you are without getting out of your tow vehicle. I usually get exactly where I need to be sod all my utilities line up with trailer.
Then I move forwards or backwards a few feet to see if I can get as close to level as possible. There's been times I didn't have to pull out my manual leveling blocks.
The device also saves your 5th wheel hitch height so when you are ready to hitch up again you just open the app while standing outside near your front jacks power switch. I can adjust the front jacks one time looking at my app and jump into the truck and back up to a perfect alignment one time. My trailer is based on the 5th wheel.

It would be great to take what this app does and incorporate that into what I am doing - I am actually using the information I collect to perform auto leveling, so instead of watching the app while pushing buttons, my system is sending remote signals to control the landing gear and indicate the position of each landing gear foot. I could report back real-time the distance in inches off level each corner is (and specifically the pinbox) since I am precisely measuring the left-right and front-rear level.

I saw their video - very interesting product.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

earlelaineb wrote:
Yes I like it. I was going to do a better review on it soon but went and added the above info.
I installed the repeater in the batter compartment near the vent, I use one of the vent screws.

The device you show is the TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System repeater, not the LevelMate Pro device (it has a sticker on it with arrows and has a built-in button-cell battery).

https://tsttruck.com/product/tst-507-repeater/

This is the level mate pro sensor ....

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/levelmatepro-wireless-vehicle-leveling-system/104758&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&scid=scplp104758&sc_intid=104758&utm_campaign=SC_Shopping_High&affiliateid=6313&gclid=CjwKCAiAoqXQBRA8EiwAIIOWskCgvNFEXV8OqGreS5PmlOpg8D0R62WD5KppdOnkBEdgKn5Bmg2jNxoCBVMQAvD_BwE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:58 am 

Another senior moment. here is the correct picture. I mounted up front of the trailer as the instruction say.
I like the fact if I'm not unhitching for a quick over night stay I can just look at my phone app of the level screen and move backwards or forwards to get the best level spot with out jumping out and using ramps under my wheels.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.