~~~ Our Members' Open Range Coaches ~~~
Click HERE for the Home Page Scrolling Photos
Open Range RV Owners Forum

~ Upcoming Open Range RV Owners Forum Rallies ~

->> 2018 Texas Rally - May 6-11 - Kerrville, TX ~~ 2018 Coming Home Rally - June 4-10 - Goshen, IN ~~ 2018 Northeast Wine Campout - Sept 19-23 - Bath, NY
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: RV Warranty Purchase
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:24 am 

OR Year: 2016
OR Model: LT274RLS
Member ID: ORF-9185
Greetings Forum members, presently trying to decide on an extended warranty for our Travel Trailer, has anyone heard of Xtraride or has it for their RV? Our 2-Year Warranty Ended this past January. Any inputs good or bad would be appreciated. The deal is from Xtraride $2703.00 for 84-months coverage plus tire and wheel coverage for free a $1250.00 dollar free coverage for the entire period?! Please advise! Thanks.

Blue OX Sway system
AirLiftCompany Air Bags
USN / Teacher Retired

Post subject: Re: RV Warranty Purchase
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:17 pm 

OR Year: 2014
OR Model: 427BHS
Member ID: ORF-3771
I have XtraRide. Just do it.

Pullrite Superglide 18K
Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
Furrion Wireless Observation Camera
TST 510 TPMS
Maxxis M8008s

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:04 pm 

OR Year: 2017
OR Model: Light 319RLS
Member ID: ORF-12484
Sounds like a pretty good guarantee. For less than $50 per month over the life of the coverage you are protected.
Like the tire coverage too. You had better look into what all is covered with a fine tooth comb though. Probably a great deal but you have to know just what to expect. For example are you covered at only certain dealerships and is there one located near you and your favorite destinations? You probably need to ask those questions. But certainly seems like a good deal on the face and up front. My dealer wanted $3500 to go to 5 years but I had to take it to the dealer for all repairs. I bought it in Tucson and live north of Los Angeles so it really wasn't a good deal for me to take it there to get service done.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Quad Cab Long Bed Diesel (aka Big Blue)
B & W Turnover Ball in bed with a Bulldog BX1 Gooseneck Coupler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:24 pm 

OR Year: 2014
OR Model: RF337RLS
Member ID: ORF-3386
Does the warranty also require an annual maintenance that is performed by the dealer and at what cost? Just something to check, for the full cost of the warranty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:14 pm 

OR Year: 2015
OR Model: 15LF319RLS
Member ID: ORF-7772
I’m not a big believer in additional warrantys. However, with the amount of issues I had under factory warranty the first 2 years I thought ‘this is not good’. I’m lucky I used the fiver 50 nights per year.
So I took the leap and purchased a 5 year XtraRide Warranty, no limit on miles driven. Cost was $2,445, less than $490 annually.

I read every contract from about 4 different companies. I felt XtraRide was the best. As I asked about 100 questions about what was covered, before I purchased, it seemed to always go back to maintenance on the RV. I was told all factory recommended maintenance needed to be done and records kept. Even on the appliances. It does not state in the warranty a dealer needed to do the maintenance. As long as you are capable and keep records of what and when it was done. My salesman also told me to keep receipts for the maintenance. i.e. purchase wheel bearing grease, Dicor sealant, etc.

Of course I haven’t had to use the XtraRide Warranty, yet, and I hope I never have to use it. We shall see in the future if this decision was correct.

2015 319 RLS
2016 F-250 Super Duty CC LB, 6.2, 4.30
Maxxis M8008 Tires
BX-1 Gooseneck Coupler
TireTraker TPMS

Born to Camp,
Forced to Work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:25 pm 

OR Model: 319RLS
Member ID: ORF-7680
I went with "Wholesale Warranty" for 2 years and $1500. I figure I might upgrade the trailer in 2 years.
I can always add another 2 years at the end of the 1st 2 years.
Be sure to ready the fine print, some RV said they paid a lot of money for their extended warranty and it really didn't cover much.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 pm 

OR Model: LT274RLS
Member ID: ORF-9185
Everyone Thanks for the inputs, actually I went back and did some more checking with other company’s that sold XtraRide contracts. I found a representative for Florida who works at Crestview RV in Buda TX. For $2415.00, with 12-months interest free the coverage was for 84-months, which included XtraRide Platinum coverage, Wheel and Tire and Enhanced Service call program which pays up to $100.00 for mobile service calls plus parts and labor as long as the RV was 50 miles from the nearest RV authorized maintenance facility, whether you’re RV was mobile or immobile. Now there was a few stipulations but still worth the cost of coverage. Because our Open Range TT 2-year warranty was up last month, XtraRide started the coverage from the first year, which still gives me 5-years of coverage. The good part it’s transferable to a new owner, transferable to a new RV at purchase or remainder of coverage money returned. It paid off to shop around and ask questions. Reading the fine print, getting different quotes helped out and checking with the local BBB for customer complaints. Also the Enhanced coverage was great for me because the closest facility is over 50-miles away and the authorized dealer where I purchased the RV is 2.5 hours away, therefore I can use a local mobile licensed RV tech who is known to be very reliable. So it was a Win Win and piece of mind with no worries for at least 5-years. Y’all be safe out there! Happy Rving!! One last suggestion learned from Xtraride the cost of an extended warranty coverage is cheaper if you are about to get close to you’re manufactured warranty running out, had our warranty run out before negotiating they would only cover for 36-months. Love

Blue OX Sway system
AirLiftCompany Air Bags
USN / Teacher Retired